As a primary school we are very keen to recognise the hard work and positive behaviour of our children and becoming an ambassador is a perfect opportunity to recognise and celebrate these qualities.
Successful candidates are presented with their badge at a special assembly after which they start their job in earnest in September. The role provides opportunities for children to act as positive role models for the other children within our school.
All children are invited to apply in writing to become an Ambassador at the beginning of Year 6 and their application letter needs to include:
• Why they want to be an ambassador
• The personal qualities they possess, which enable them to fulfil the role
• How they demonstrate these skills and qualities
• What they think they can offer to the Leintwardine school community as an ambassador.
The Roles and Responsibilities of our ambassadors – Job Description.
The ambassadors at the Leintwardine CE Primary School must lead by example at all times in their behaviour, the respect they show to others and their school uniform.
An ambassador’s role is varied and to be awarded a school ambassador badge is considered to be a real privilege.
The Ambassadors at the Leintwardine CE Primary will take on many roles and have many responsibilities, such as:
- Assisting in the office at lunchtimes
- Checking the laptops and iPads
- Working with classes during wet break times
- Monitoring cloakrooms
- Energy savers, turning lights off at playtimes/dinner times
- Working alongside teachers to promote positive behaviour.
- Walking the school dog Ben at break times.
- Helping to set up the hall for assemblies
- Showing visitors around the school
- Helping the Headteacher
- Helping other children understand the school values and the importance of them
- Hunting and rewarding the positive.
Our School Ambassadors this year are -