Welcome to the Governors' section!
Introducing the Governing Body
Chair of Governors: Mr Ralph Tingle
Head Teacher (ex-officio): Mrs Nicola Gorry
Clerk to the Governors: Maryjane Hughes (Janie)
Foundation Governors (appointed by either the Parochial Church Council or Diocesan Board of Education):
Mr Ralph Tingle (Chair)
Mr Andrew Page
Rev. Mike Catling
Mrs Dawn Blakeway
Mr Paul Cooper-James
Mr David Willis
Local Authority Governor:
Mr Richard Bernard
Mr Nigel Tye
Mr Dan Pearson
Mrs Emma Stead
We aim to fulfill our role as a ‘Critical Friend’ to the school by:
- supporting and challenging staff by celebrating achievement and by holding the school to account for any weaknesses in order to continually improve outcomes for all children
- helping shape the direction of the school
- fulfilling our statutory obligations
Our Full Governing Body meets each half term.
We also have one committee -
Finance, Premises & Personnel. This Committee monitors all school spending to ensure good financial management. It sets budgets for the year and oversees any capital spend projects.
There are also committees that meet as and when required so to deal with matters such as Admissions, Recruitment, Performance Management, Staff Dismissals, Pupil Discipline, Complaints and Appeals.
Over the next 12 months, the Governing Body will be working hard with staff at school to:
- Develop consistency and systems throughout the school
- Developing the learning area in school to ensure creativity and independence.
- To ensure progress from starting points for all learners.
- to develop the curriculum with all stakeholders.