Welcome to Otters!
Welcome back to a new school year! I look forward to working alongside you this year to help your child be the best they can be. Please don’t hesitate to come and see me if you have any questions.
This half term, outdoor PE will be on a Thursday afternoon with Mr Rix. We will be doing football in all weathers so please ensure that the children have appropriate footwear and warm clothing!
Indoor PE will be on Friday afternoons.
Homework will be set on a Monday to be handed in the following Monday. Every other week, your child will bring home either their maths workbook or their reading comprehension workbook. We will highlight which activities are to be completed
Spellings to be learned will be handed out on a Friday, with a test on the following Friday.
Froggy maths will also be tested on a Friday. Please practice with your child throughout the week. Times table knowledge is vital for the maths curriculum.
Topic this term will be ‘Stone Age to Iron Age’. Within the topic we will be looking at the differences and similarities of the lives of those living between these periods including homes, lifestyles and monuments that are still visible today.
Our art and design will be topic related and we will be looking at cave art, making bell beaker pots, silhouettes of Stonehenge and Celtic designs.
· Design and make an ancient stone circle or a replica of Stonehenge. Be creative!
· Write your own recipe for a stone age dinner using the sort of ingredients that would be available to them. You could always make it too!
· Make up a quiz with facts about The Stone Age. Make sure you also have the answers!
· Write your own stone age story, it can be about anything you like. Use cave art pictures to illustrate the story.
· Imagine that you have been whisked back in time to Pre-historic Britain. You have been allowed to take one person or one object from 2018. What or who would you take and how would you explain your choice? Explain your choice to Stig!