Welcome to the Governors' section!
Introducing the Governing Body
Chair of Governors: Mr Culain Morris
Executive Head: Mr Dean Curtis
Head of School (ex-officio): Mrs Nicola Gorry
Clerk to the Governors: Mrs Julie Norman
Foundation Governors (appointed by either the Parochial Church Council or Diocesan Board of Education):
Mr Culain Morris (Chair)
Mrs Victoria Harley
Mr Andrew Page
Rev. Mike Catling (Vice Chair)
Mrs Dawn Blakeway
Local Authority Governor:
Mr Tim Lee
Mr Steve Cass
Mr Dan Pearson
Mr Richard Bernard
Mrs Emma Stead
REGISTER OF INTEREST : None. Updated at the AGM on 22.9.15 - see document below for details
We aim to fulfil our role as a ‘Critical Friend’ to the school by:
- supporting and challenging staff by celebrating achievement and by holding the school to account for any weaknesses in order to continually improve outcomes for all children
- helping shape the direction of the school
- fulfilling our statutory obligations
Our Full Governing Body meets at least once a term.
All members of the Governing Body sit on at least one of the three main committees which meet twice a term. These are:
1. Finance, Premises & Personnel. This Committee monitors all school spending to ensure good financial management . It sets budgets for the year and oversees any capital spend projects.
Life & Learning. This committee is covers:
Ethos. The Committee’s areas of interest include the provision of R.E. in school, parental involvement, healthy schools, behaviour, community cohesion and special educational needs, the nursery and extended schools.
Curriculum & Achievement. The Committee looks at the full range of the Curriculum offered by the school and monitors all pupil progress and achievement.
There are also committees that meet as and when required so to deal with matters such as Admissions, Recruitment, Performance Management, Staff Dismissals, Pupil Discipline, Complaints and Appeals.
Over the next 12 months the Governing Body will be working hard with staff at school to:
- Raising pupil's attainment and progress.
- Increasing parental involvement in their child's learning.